Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Rolling Stones


Stones 081-1
Originally uploaded by gema fova

So, I have been back in Helsinki for a day, or something, when I found out that the Rolling Stones were playing at Olympic Stadium. Reading from Hesari the Finn told me that Mick Jagger waved out of his window at the Hotel Kämp to fans below. Well, we went out on errands the next day. I went to pay my jäsenmaksu and get my sticker on my student card. As we were on the tram, I suggested we get off my the Swedish theatre so I could go peek at Hotel Kämp. We did and there were a few people sitting on benches across from the hotel. Something just told me I should do the same. The Stoneses luggages were being loaded into a big truck. It was kind of cool to see some instruments. After awhile, a back up singer, Blondi Chaplin came out. Then later some cars showed up and meanwhile the crowd had positively grown exponentially. Finally, after we had been sitting there a few hours, the Stones came out. There was Mick, Charlie, and Ron. Noticeably, absent was Keith. Apparently, he played the gig drunk and fell over or something. We had seen a car driving around into the inner courtyard of the hotel. One can only surmise that it was going after Keith. Sitting out there, waiting was well worth it.

No comments: