Thursday, August 09, 2007

On the sea


fortress07 001
Originally uploaded by gema fova

So, after a long vacation in sunny Southern California I decided I could no longer last without some quality sunglasses. That and knowing I was coming back to Helsinki, where the sun seems so much fucking brighter. You know what? No, it isn't ihana weather when there is no rain and the sun is boiling my retinas inside my eyeball fluid. I love the darkness, the winter, the cold, and the rain; among other things. Anyways, I have had contact lenses and I have quite decent sunglasses, I just haven't been wearing them because I thought they made me nauseous. It turns out, as I found out on a recent trip to Instrumentarium, that those contacts were the correct prescription. What an idiot girl, I've been. So, I went home wearing a pair of contacts and my nice big sunglasses and my eyes felt great.
We had sorted it out that I would get an eye exam for eyeglasses next month or so, but when some well intentioned tinkering went awry, it was determined that I had to buy some this month. I took the arm off and couldn't screw it back on. Finally, the tension pin broke and now that arm swings wildly the wrong way. Well, my glasses should be ready in a few weeks. In the meantime, when I went out with my school mate and the Finn to Suomenlinna, it was all the more better enjoyed behind the darkened lenses of my Raybans.

No comments: