Friday, March 31, 2006

It's a bag, Lady

In one of my classes, käsityö, we are designing and making a bag. I drew several, but this is the one I settled on. In my mind's eye, it is supposed to be very sturdy. In reality, the material is just really weak and flimsy. I should have just designed a simple kauppakassi. I am thinking I should buy some canvas material for the bottom just to make it sturdier.









This is the pattern I made. I am also, think I should get a different material for the strap. I would write it here but I don't really know what it is called. Well, I have ideas. I just have to go to a material (?) store to look at the fabrics and whatknot which I could add to it. I do not know anything about pattern making or using a sewing machine. I thought the patter was supposed to be a bit bigger than what one wants the finaly size to be. Oh well.










This is the design that will decorate the bag. Apparently, on Monday when I was sick and didn't go to school, the class was already printing their material. I was thinking that we would do that after it has been cut. Then again, what do I know about this kind of stuff.

We were also making big ass folders. I am not sure if they got around to finishing those up. Posted by Picasa

No comments: