Sunday, March 19, 2006

Harry Potter ja Puoliverinen Prinssi

 
On March 16th, the Finnish language version of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was released in Finland. I ended up at Academic bookstore where the translator of the book was interviewed. Also, present was the illustrator of the book. There was a few people wearing house colours. I took pictures. With the publication of this book, one theory was, I'd say, was conclusively proven to be true. At first, I had gone to Suomalainen kirjakauppa. They were having a HP quiz going on and giving away prizes. However, they were sold out of the actual book. So, I went to Akateeminin kirjakauppa where they did have the book and some goings on.

Finally, a speaker came on the stage. It turned out the be the woman who translated the book into Finnish, Jaana Kapari. She gave an interview and then she signed the book.
They pointed out that the illustrator, Mika Launis of the Finn version was there also. I was standing right next to him. So, people got his autograph, too.

I took photos of the whole thing and what the hell, I got my book signed by both of them. Now, I just need JK's signature. Posted by Picasa

No comments: