Monday, October 16, 2006

Playing in the Dark


Photo-0051
Originally uploaded by gema fova.
Now, I don't know about you but where I come from nobody lets their children play this late at night. Ok. So, I don't remember what time this was but it was late like after 8pm or so. Anyway, it is bloody dark as you can see. Here are these little children riding their bikes around the neighborhood without a care in the world. I mean, when I was this age, I was concerned and definately not carefree. There was the boogey man, there was Jason Vorhrees, the llorona, Stinky Pew, the devil, real horrid men that would kidnap you, traffic, I could go on. You get the picture, there were things to beware, this is what my mom or my uncles told me. They said there were these things out there that one had to be wary of. Nobody objected to me watching Friday the 13th, or Halloween, etc and they seemed to revel in telling me these tales of what happens when you are out late at night and alone. So, I made sure to always be in a group of at least three. Those kids looked like they were way under 10, it wasn't until I was way over 10 that I decided that being out that late would be worth and possible risks. Well, anyway, I guess what I mean is that it is nice that these children can have this freedom.

No comments: