Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hey baby, its the Fourth of July


IMG_8800
Originally uploaded by gema fova.
Ok, for years my own personal 4th of July tradition was to take my X, See How We Are cd and play that song over and over a few times. Then I would think of the band and the idea of Mexican kids lighting fireworks below. Then, one year, I couldn't find my cd. I had the case but the cd was gone. I found it when I finally moved to Finland and stupidly took some 5 disc behemouth cd stereo which was so old in was only usable on American voltage. After a few sparks, I was able to pry the cd trays out. Lo and behold, there was my X cd. Thus, my old tradition was reignited. Oh, so, here I am in the USA on the fourth without my cd. Now it is the fifth actually, and it was nice to be with my family. The fireworks were low key because of all the regulations now placed on them. Plus, there was the 10pm curfew which stopped us but not some of our neighbors. I would say that fireworks sure aren't what they used to be, but as our neighbors had some spectacular displays, it seems that in some countries they are.

No comments: