Friday, May 05, 2006

Vappu 2006

Entonces, it was that time of the year when the students in there funky suits get hung from a crane to put the giant cap on Havis Amanda the symbol of Helsinki. Due it a mix up, I again did not make it to the city to witness that. I heard there were like 30,000 people.
Pues, I made it to Kaivopuisto the next day to witness the spectacle. I didn't even bother bringing any picnic crap because I hate eating outside. Plus, who can relax surrounded by some many people. There was hardly room to maneuver.
Among the memorable sites were the great long pissing trough for the men. Speaking of men pissing, not only did I witness the usual pissing on a tree but one fancily dressed guy in a tux whipping out his bollocks and pissing into the sea. Bloody hell. Of course, I took a damn picutre. That fucker is lucky I wasn't closer and could zoom in more. Another interesting site was the portable sauna with only half naked guys coming out of it. Then, of course, there was the giant trash bin fire. Followed by miracle upon miracles a trio of police officers smiling at me while I was trying to snap some serious news footage. Then, after a long day and at the opposite end of the park past nearly all the litter, I decided to go home. Oh, yes, as it is the custom to wear the cap you get for graduation from 'high school', I wore mine compliments of 1988 Azusa High. Just so I looked ever bit as clownish as the rest of the folk, I also wore my lettermen (varsity) jacket. Maybe that is why the cops were smiling. They were laughing at me not with me. Posted by Picasa

No comments: